February 21, 2018
Download Our App!

Contact Elected Officials!

Site Search
Site Map
RSS Feeds
     
Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Posted On: Sep 28, 2015
  • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
  •  Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
  • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
  •  Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
  • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
  • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

Source: Maine Center for Disease Control and Maine State Fire Marshall


Member Login
Username:

Password:


Not registered yet?
Click Here to sign-up

Forgot Your Login?
PFFM E-Mail Access
Check Your E-Mail
<< February 2018 >>
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28
Upcoming Events
Nominations Closed for PFFM 2nd District Vice-President
Mar 01, 2018
Elections for PFFM 2nd District Vice-President
Mar 05, 2018
PFFM 2nd District VP Ballots
Mar 26, 2018
PFFM 2nd District VP Election Results
Mar 28, 2018
Important Links
Visit www.iaff.org/about/history/main.htm!
Visit www.iaffmg.org/index.cfm!
Visit www.iaff.org/Comm/Spotlight/iraq.html!
Visit www.iaff.org/honor/roll.asp!
Visit www.firefightercancersupport.org/!
Visit www.unionsportsmen.org/!
Visit www.iaffonlinestore.com/!

     
Professional Firefighters of Maine
Copyright © 2018, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

893845 hits since Feb 10, 2011
Visit Unions-America.com!
Top of Page image